Thursday 28 November 2019

The most wonderful time

Christmas is my most favourite time of year. I love the decorations, the markets, and of course the actual day itself. Now that I have my own place I can finally decorate how I want (within reason, the Christmas budget only stretches so far), and when I want (meaning the beginning of November).
My decorations are a mix of old and new. I think I've spent around £20 of decorations this year, but I'm hoping they'll last for a while.
These Father Christmas nesting dolls have been with me since I was a child. I'm not sure if they belonged to my mum or grandma first, but I've loved them forever. Sadly one is missing, and as you can see one is a bit worn. I've learned not to keep these in direct sunlight I'm just glad only the one got damaged.
 I love rabbits; this bunny mug was a git last Christmas from my best friend. The fake flowers I bought in April (I think from the Range), and the acorn sprig (is that the right word?) was from Wilkos.
More bunnies! This as also form Wilkos, they have 3 for 2 on a variety of Xmas decs and I just fell in love with this one. They've got some really cute bits in this year, including a pair of otters that I bought for a friend, which I can't seem to find on their website.
The "let it snow" sign behind was something I bought years ago in poundworld.
 A lot of my decs don't really match, but I still love them all, either aesthetically or because they were gifts, so they all have a place.  I love snow-globes, almost as much as Sylars mum did, so I always have to try and resist them. This one was from Poundworld a few years ago, and I'm surprised nothings happened to it yet. The Starbucks cup & the Paperchase panda were both gifts from my best friend.
 I decided this year that I only need a small tree, maybe in a couple of years I'll get something bigger, but at the moment this little three footer from Asda will do. I also bought a set of baubles from Asda. You can see the tree a little better in my last post, although I have added some foliage from Wilkos since that post to fill it out a little. Because it's a mini tree I decided to use mini candy canes from Home Bargains, I love putting a candy cane in my brew to feel all Christmassy.
And there's my angel. This belonged to my Grandma, it was handmade by her godsons ex-wife and it has always been my favourite Chrismas decoration from my Grandparents house. It's a bit discoloured now, after being around for over 30 years, but it will always have pride of place in my home. The wreath was from B&M, I am a little worried that it might fall apart whenever i decide to move, but it's so pretty. I have it up in my living room, rather than on the door, so it'll hopefully be less likely to fall to pieces.

Have you decorated for Christmas? What's your favourite Christmas decoration?

Love

Rubi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig