Wednesday 20 May 2015

It Gets So Hot

song of the day - Horse Pills by Dandy Warhols
Another month, another MyLittleBox. MLB is a monthly subscription service that mixes beauty, fashion and lifestyle in one box. This months theme is Provence, which is an area of France known for lavender (at least according to google).
There were quite a few L'Occitane products in this months box. I've not used much from the brand before, but I've heard a lot of good things.
In my box I got a Mer & Minstrel shower gel, a Rose et Reines hand cream, the Verbena body lotion, and a cute little Verbena soap. I don't think any of the products are full sized, but I should be able to get a good few uses out of them. The only product I dislike out of the lot is the hand cream; I can't stand the overpowering rose smell.
I am surprised that none of the items smell like lavender, considering the theme of the box. I'm guessing verbena also grows there.
 My favourite item from the box had to be the MLB own brand eyeshadow crayon. It's such a pretty bronze colour, and is so easy to use. I'm pretty sure this is the first eyeshadow crayon I've ever tried, so I'll definitely be trying some out from other brands.
MLB always has the cutest fashion products in the boxes, and this months is no exception. In the box you get a cuff and some thread, which you weave through the holes in the cuff to make a design. I will admit this was a pain in the derriere to do, because the ends of the thread kept fraying. I don't really have the patience for this, so it'll take me a while to do the whole cuff. Also, the cuff is kinda big for me, so I'd have to wear is over a thick top to keep it in place.
And finally are some fridge magnets. When I first picked this up out of the box I thought it was one of those paper doll things, which was a sweet idea, but magnets are so much better.
What do you think of this months box? Are you subscribed to MyLittleBox?
Rubi
BloglovinInstagramTwitterPinterest

12 comments:

  1. Those boxes look so awesome! Love the cuff bracelet!

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a real nice box. I might need to sign up for this too :D

    Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said your favorite is the eyeshadow crayon - I'd have to admit it looks the most appealing to me too ;) I love the crayon form and bronze shade ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love eyeshadow crayons, they're just so much fun! Those fridge magnets are adorable!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool idea, it is odd they didn't include any lavender but L'Occitane is a french brand I believe so maybe they figured that was good enough.

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of makeup crayons (eye & lips) & love the colour of the one in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet box. As far as I know, MLB isn't available in Germany (yet), but I have watched the boxes come in with envy!

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bronze shade is so beautiful! I have many cream shadows in similar shades that I love!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute things :)
    Have a nice day,
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute box! Yeah I think something lavender would have been a good idea in a Provence box. Strange that they didn't include a product like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous box, perfect illustrated/packaged and a lovely mix of products. The bronze eye crayon is particularly stunning! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow seems like this box was really wonderful. I like the idea of customizing the bangle. The DIY aspect is super unique. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig