Thursday 15 October 2015

I Wish Your Friends Would Leave Me Alone

song of the day - This Is An Emergency by Pigeon Detectives
skirt & shirt - H&M
Everyone needs a little sparkle in their life sometime. I've been wanting a black sequinned skirt for about a year now, but it's taken a while for me to actually find one that fits right. This beauty caught my eye in H&M and it was lust at first sight.
Black sequinned skirts always remind me of Angel from Rent because she wears one in the "Take Me Or Leave Me" scene (and looks stunning in it).
The perfect lipstick colour to go with a sparkly skirt? Red of course. Then again red lipstick goes with pretty much everything if you can find the right shade. MAC's recent Guo Pei collection launched a few weeks ago and I managed to get Brave Red before if sold out.
Brave Red is described as a 'bright yellow red'. I wouldn't really call it bright though, it's more of a muted red on me, and thankfully it's not too yellow. It's a Creamsheen, so it's not drying and has a nice coverage.
The Guo Pei collection has the loveliest packaging in the world. The lipstick comes with kind of a sleeve in a stunning print. If you don't know who Guo Pei is, they are a fashion designer. To me she is most famous for designing Rihanna's dress for the Met Gala, y'know the big yellow one?
I believe this colour is in the permanent collection, so you can still buy it (just without the pretty packaging).
 Rubi

6 comments:

  1. The packaging of the MAC lipstick is stunning! What a lovely shade too.

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous skirt! So glam indeed, and too bad the pretty packaging isnt available anymore, so so pretty!

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit and yes to the gorgeous red lip... so pretty!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty red lipstick
    And i love what you wear too
    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is really stunning!!! Perfect for night outs and parties! Love it <3

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig