Tuesday 24 June 2014

There's No Better Way I'm Sure

song of the day - I Love Reading
Goodreads tag
A few days ago I spotted this tag on Amy's (A Little Boat Sailing) blog and knew that it would be a good tag for me. I'm a book lover through and through. I love a good book, and have done since reading my first Jacqueline Wilson book when I was 8 years old (which I think was Bad Girls). My to read pile is actually taller than me!
You can check out my Goodreads profile here.

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'?
Rescued by Bailey Bradford. I actually didn't like this book that much. It was recommended to me and it was a bit of a let down. I will warn anyone who wants to check it out; it's a trashy romance.

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?
I actually have 15 books on my 'currently reading' shelf. I used to only ever read 1 book at a time, but now I have to have at least 5 books on the go at once to stay interested. The book I'm most enjoying is Flatland by E.A. Abbott. The narrator of the book is from a 2D planet, and he somehow goes to a 3D world (such as our own). So the book is about his experiences, and how the 3D world has altered his view on everything.

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'?
The Unbearable Lightness Of Being by Milan Kundera. I bought this from work last year and it's been waiting for me to read it since.

4. What book do you plan to read next?
I'm trying to finish my 'currently reading' list first! But probably Shield Of Winter by Nalini Singh. It was released earlier this month, and it part of a series that I love.

5. Do you use the star rating system?
Yes. As soon as I've finished a book I'll give it a rating. I don't review books that often though.

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?
Yes, it's the same challenge I always set myself. Which is to read at least 12 books in a year. I'm currently behind on 3, when I should be on at least 6.

7. Do you have a wishlist?
Yes. Not on Goodreads, but on Amazon. My brother actually bought me a few books off of it for my birthday.

8. What book do you want to buy next?
I'd rather not think about it. I have enough books at the moment.

9. Do you have any favorite quotes? Would you like to share a few?
Of course. 
“Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.”  Mae West
"Of course it is happening in your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" Albus Dumbledore
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones that never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"" On The Road by Jack Kerouac
 “I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” On The Road by Jack Kerouac

10. Who are your favorite authors?
This question is too hard. I honestly don't have an answer. I've not found an author who I've enjoyed every book they've written (that doesn't feel like a proper sentence).

11. Have you joined any groups?
I don't think so. I've been invited to a few though.

And that's it! If you have a GoodReads account it'd be awesome to see you do this tag. Let me know if you do!
Rubi

5 comments:

  1. It was interesting reading your answers Rubi. I'm going to look up that series by Nalini Singh
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading.
      It's a good series, probably not for everyone but I enjoy it a lot.
      Rubi x

      Delete
  2. loved your answers (and the Harry Potter quote at the end!!), I've sent you a request on goodreads :)

    http://bsarahoates.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every post should have a Harry Potter quote :p
      Rubi

      Delete
  3. Such a wonderful post <3

    I loved Jacqueline Wilson as a child also, what a legend that lady is! I'm also similar to you in that I have around ten to fifteen books on my shelf waiting to be read, my Mum hosts book events for Cancer Research and as a result our household is always buried! Shield of Winter sounds like a great read, I must try and get my hands on it! I always vow to broaden my horizons, I read all the time but it's usually chick lit I must say ;)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig