Monday 14 April 2014

Bottles in the club

song of the day - Lollipop by Lil' Wayne
It's pretty much fact that I have a sweet tooth the size of Jupiter, and I love trying new sweets.
While I was ill I decided it was time to treat myself to some edible goodies. As I was trawling through American Sweets (my usual haunt for Poptarts and Reese's Pieces) trying to decide what to get I saw three mystery boxes on offer. I wasn't too bothered about two of the boxes (both filled with drinks), but the Candy Roulette box sounded right up my alley, costing £12.99 with a value of over £25.
My package arrived today and I couldn't wait to get my mitts into it. Once I'd looked through the box (and added up the cost of the items) I decided on what I'm keeping to try, what I'm giving my mum, and what's going to friends. All together the items cost around £26, which isn't too bad, and I knew there'd be a few things that I woudn't like to try. Overall I think it was a good spend. I can't wait to start munching!
I am a little tempted to add the box to my birthday wishlist so I can see what I get next time. It would make a nice present. Along with a toothbrush.
Items included (I will edit this post to show if I like the items)
  1. Coconut patties - That went straight to my mum
  2. Megaload, caramel crunch - Very nice, but I probably wouldn't buy them.
  3. Cupcake Bites - Nice, I think they would be great with icecream
  4. Lemonhead - OK, A bit like skittles
  5. Abba Zaba - Very odd. It's a strawberry candy bar filled with peanut butter. Not my thing at all.
  6. Warheads Extreme Sours - They ain't lieing about extreme. The sour only lasts a few seconds though, and then they don't taste so great. I'm giving the rest of the packet away.
  7. Grape Laffy Taffy - Yummy
  8. mini Apple Laffy Taffy - More yummy
  9. Baby Ruth - Basically a snicker
  10. Hershy's with Almonds
  11. Pearson's Bun - I had maybe two bites and it wasn't good
  12. 100 Grand
  13. Mike & Ike - Pretty much jelly beans
  14. Reese's Crispy Crunch - I've tried this before and didn't like it, so I'll give this to a friend
  15. Reese's Pumpkin - I love it. I couldn't taste any pumpkin though.
  16. Sour Patch Fruits - Nice enough
  17. Nerds - Going to a friend
  18. Hoppin Nerds - Gave me a headache
  19. Airheads - It was ok, but had the consistency of gum which was weird
  20. Cow Tales - Not the best
  21. Scooter Pie - Going to someone else
  22. Giant Gumball - Meh, good for nostalgia but not much else
  23. RockyRoad - Going to someone else
  24. Red Hots - Nice, I remember having something similar as a child, I think they were called fireballs.
I also ended up buying two chocolate frogs and some Reese's Pieces.
Have you tried any of the items in this box? What did you think of them? And most importantly, what is your favourite sweet/chocolate (aka what do I try next)?

Rubi x

8 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing. I haven't tried many (if any) American sweets but I do love Nerds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what an amazing idea. I haven't tried any American sweets before but I do miss the Flipz pretzels that used to be sold over here, and now are only in the US xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this sounds a-mazing! I want all of this right this second!

    Come say hello, Tweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks so cool! I love Reese's and Hershey's! x

    Soul Sparkler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omgosh, all the Reese's! <3

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool !!
    We never get those like this in France ...
    Xxx
    Lorna
    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woop! feeling hungry now!
    www.fashionteacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it! If you want to contact me privately you can email me at rubi_ani@hotmail.co.uk
If you leave a link to your blog/website I will be sure to check it out!

Blogger Template by pipdig